family circus

Monday, September 10, 2012

Welcome!


Welcome to my blog. By reading this you will be subject to my mindless ramblings and for the most part, crazy thoughts on mommy-hood and all the fun that comes along with.  

I’m a stay-at-home mother of twin girls born in November of 2011 and wife of a first year resident. This combination alone makes for a lot of craziness. In an effort to keep things really interesting I like to throw some extra curricular activities in the mix. This blog is one those. 

I really do think that just about all you need to know in life you can learn by reading Dr. Seuss. Okay, well maybe not everything. But, I do love his writing and the older I get the more I realize how simple and true his messages are.  I used to always start my day by waking up and saying, “Today is MY day!” a Dr. Seuss inspired mantra.  My college roommate Holly can attest to this fact. For some reason or another I stopped doing this. It’s time to start again.  Saying this before I get out of bed helps me to remember that today is what I make of it and I should be thankful for everyday. In my blog, you will see a lot of Seuss inspired posts. Not very original I know, but I like what I like and what I like is inspirational and motivational quotes. I have no shame in my cheesiness.

This is my tool for organizing my thoughts and goals. I am hoping that by putting my thoughts into words, I will hold myself accountable to push myself to be my best self. Make sense? No, probably not.  Ah well.  At least if I keep doing this I won’t forget how to write, or use my grown up words. I spend most my day talking to babies.

I like reading people’s blogs with ideas and tips and day -to -day rants. I find them interesting and helpful and sometimes humorous.  That’s why I’m posting all this stuff for you to read…just in case you might find some of my thoughts helpful, interesting. Or maybe my craziness can give you a good laugh. It’s more likely you’ll be laughing at how bad my spelling and grammar is. I’m still catching up on sleep from when the babies were newborns, so I can’t always think straight. That’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it. Oh, and I promise to keep the rants to a minimum. This blog is intended to be the land of positivity.

Enjoy! And leave comments please, especially if you can relate. Crazy loves company!



1 comment:

  1. indeed, i CAN attest to your "today is my day" mantra. it was a great influence on me :) - as are you!

    ReplyDelete